How do I use the auto-email tool within the Website Builder?
How to use the auto-email tool within the Website Builder:
You can access the auto-email tool by following these steps:
- Access your dashboard on Direct by signing in here: https://app.getdirect.io/users/sign_in
- In the lefthand navigation click "Site Builder"
- Then click "Manage Website" on the site you'd like to manage auto-emails for
- Then click "Auto Emails" in the lower level lefthand navigation
You can enable, disable, and edit your auto emails by following these steps:
- In the "Email Settings" section at the top of the page click "Edit"
- Here you can add a "From" email as well as add a signature that will be present in your auto emails
- To enable or disable auto emails, just flip the switches on the right hand side of the page
- To edit an email, click the "Edit" button
- Once inside the editor, you can fully customize content of subject lines and email body using the Rich Text Editor or the HTML Editor. The former, also known as a "WYSIWYG Editor" is similar to Microsoft Word, and it allows you to easily add header tags, text formatting, images, etc. The latter requires HTML/CSS knowledge.
- You can also use "Merge Tags" to place dynamic content within the automated emails (e.g. "Guest First Name" pulled directly from your reservation details). To use these, simply copy paste the tags as they are shown on the righthand side of the page (e.g. |*customer_first_name*|). NOTE: Make sure to copy the full tag, including the pipes on both sides of the text.
We're in the process of organizing the auto-email builder, adding more tips + tools, and also adding a "Test Send" feature. If you have any questions you can always CONTACT US via our contact form, email us at [email protected], live chat us within the app, or call us at 1-312-878-4572.