How to export transactions from Stripe for tracking transactions
How do I export transactions from Stripe for recording transactions?
You can export transactions from Stripe for recording transactions in your accounting system (e.g. Quickbooks or Xero) by following these steps:
- Login to your Stripe dashboard here: https://dashboard.stripe.com
- On the lefthand side click "Balance" and then "Transactions" underneath
- Click the "Export" button in the top right
- Underneath "Date Range" click the "Custom" radio button, and then enter your desired dates for the export
- In the "Columns" drop down select "All"
- Then click "Export"
- Once you have the spreadsheet open filter the top row with the column headers (row 1) by selecting the row, and then clicking the "Filter" button
- Then sort the "Available On" column by "Ascending" (aka "A-Z")
- Filter the "Type" column #2 by "payout" and then make all of those rows highlighted with the color fill tool
- Then re-filter the "Type" column #2 by "Select all" so that all of the rows are showing again
- That's it! Your sheet should look something like this below, where the highlighted rows are the "sum" of the white rows above.