How do I manage all of my HomeAway & VRBO messages directly through the unified inbox?
Unfortunately, HomeAway/VRBO does not allow for full 2-way correspondence with guests/leads through their messaging API which feeds to our unified inbox. No need to worry - we've got you covered!
Once setup, after your guests complete a booking of any units associated with the automated work order, the work order will be sent directly to the staff member who is associated with that unit to either accept or reject the job. Once accepted, the work order will be dispatched 2 hours prior to that unit's checkout time.
To manage all of my HomeAway & VRBO messages directly through the unified inbox, please follow the steps below:
- Log in to your HomeAway or VRBO account that is linked to Direct.
- After signing in and landing on your dashboard, click on the "Select a property" dropdown in the top right corner. Next, select one of your active properties which will take you to the dashboard of that specific property:
- Once you land on the property's dashboard, click on the "My Account" dropdown in the top right corner. Next, select the "Property Details" option:
- After you select the "Property Details" option, you will see the box below. Click on the "Edit Listing" dropdown and then select the "Contact" option:
- After selection the "Contact" option from the previous step, you will see several sections under the "Contact Information" section. Find the "Contact Email" section and check the box titled "Use this unique email". In the text field, enter [email protected]
- Once [email protected] is entered in the text field, click on the orange "Save" button:
- You're all set!! By entering the email address in this one property listing, it will apply to all properties that are linked to HomeAway/VRBO through Direct. Moving forward, you will need to handle all correspondence through the unified inbox.