If the guest's credit card is showing as invalid/declined, follow the steps below to report the credit card as invalid on Booking.com.
- Click on the blue gear icon on the top right side of the reservation page
- Select "Mark guest card as invalid"
- Once you refresh this page, the payment status banner will change to "credit card marked invalid"
- Booking.com sends a message to the guest requesting an updated credit card
- If the guest provides a new credit card, this will be sent to Direct as a reservation modification
- If guest doesn't update the credit card within 24 hours or the guest provides invalid credit card details again, the reservation can now be cancelled in Direct
- When the reservation is able to be cancelled you will see "ready to cancel" above the reservation code in the reservation list view.
- To cancel the reservation, select the reservation, click on the blue gear, select "Cancel due to invalid credit card"
- This will send the cancellation notice to Booking.com. Once the reservation status on Booking.com has changed, Direct's reservation page will be updated to "Cancelled."