1. Click "Cancel Reservation" on the reservation page
2. Using the Cancellation pop-up modal - select the cancellation fee type that you would like to apply to the reservation.
The Cancellation Fee should be used to balance cancelled reservations. The Cancellation Fee type is able to be customized based on your cancellation penalty when the revenue is realized, and if it should be included in the owner payouts. When the Cancellation Fee is added to a reservation, you are also asked if you would like to $0 out all other line items to assist you in balancing the reservation.
If you have not added the cancellation fee and would like to or need to, please check out the Setting up fees tied to booking line items article that will provide you with the steps on how to do so.
3. Enter the cancellation amount to be charged to the guest and select "Add item" - the cancellation charge will be added to the reservation line items and the booking total
4. To zero out all other line items, scroll to the bottom and select "I WOULD LIKE TO ZERO OUT ALL OTHER LINE ITEMS EXCLUDING CANCELLATION CHARGES(S) AND IT'S APPLICABLE TAXES"
5. Click "Apply"
6. The Reservation Line Items will now be updated based on your selections
7. Issue a refund to the guest.